SAICHE-347: Hazard & Operability Study Training Course
Provider: ISHECON CC
Valid from: 09/04/2019 - 09/04/2022
More info: https://www.ishecon.co.za/
Event Date: Contact service provider if not on SAIChE website.
To enable those involved in projects and plant or installation modifications to contribute meaningfully in Hazard and Operability Studies. This will ensure that the design and operation meet all safety, health and environmental as well as operability requirements. Further appropriate post-course experience should enable mastering the skills to take on a Hazard and Operability Study Leader role.
OBJECTIVES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Explain the scope, procedures and limitations that are applicable to a HAZOP study
- Define the "design intent" of a study section
- Break a process down into defined sections
- Identify generic causes of deviations
- Examine the potential consequences of deviations
- Identify and evaluate possible risk control options that will sustain the design intent and meet SHE standards
- Record the reported findings and recommendations for remedial action
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Instrument engineers and
- Safety/Loss Prevention/Risk managers, advisers and leaders.
- Technical/Development/Research officers, Technicians and Leaders.
- Others who would be involved in HAZOP studies.
Manual and a set of HAZOP study prompt cards. A certificate will also be issued by ISHECON on completion of the course.